Glazydayz Privacy Notice
Here at Glazydayz we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws, and is used in line with your expectations. This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and service that is tailored to meet your individual needs.
Personal data that we may collect about you and your child includes:
- Your names, your child’s date of birth, your address, your phone number(s), emergency contact details, and your email address
- Any special health, medical, dietary, mobility, developmental, and educational, needs
- Photographs, which will only be shared with your permission
We may collect some of this information when you book with us, and some when you are in our studio. You can opt out of us collecting information by either of these means, at the point of us offering our services.
Why we collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
We use data about you and your child to provide our services and to fulfil the service, arrangement, or booking you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- Contact you to make the arrangements required for us to provide our services, or for you to collect items which you or your child may have created at Glazydayz
- Contact you if your child has been left with us with your consent, and we need to get in touch with you for any reason
- Maintain contact with you and respond to any questions you or we may have about your booking
- Manage any special health, medical, dietary, mobility, developmental, and educational, needs which you or your child may have
- Keep you updated with information about our services
- Apply or enforce the terms and conditions of your contract with us
- Protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety
Who we share your data with
We will share your data with staff at Glazydayz, and with third parties who are fulfilling part of the service which you have contracted us to provide. We will never share your data with any other commercial organisation to use for their own purposes.
We are obliged to share confidential information without authorisation from the person who provided it, or to whom it relates, if it is in the public interest; such as:
- To prevent a crime from being committed or to intervene where one may have been
- To prevent harm to a person, an animal, or property
- Where not sharing the information may have worse consequences than sharing it
How do we protect your data?
We protect your data from unauthorised access and from it being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed, by:
- Storing any forms or information you share with us in a lockable cupboard
- Shredding any information we have about you or your child that is not required, or requested by you
How long do we retain your data?
We will store your data for up to 6 months from your use of our services, unless you tell us that you do not want us to store your data and we do not need it; in which case we will shred any forms or information you shared with us.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- Request access to, amend, or correct, any of your or your child’s data which we hold
- Request that we delete or stop processing your or your child’s data; for example where the data is no longer needed for the purposes of carrying out our services or for processing
If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remaindissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or via ico.org.uk